Aug 1, 2011
Hi, everyone! And happy anniversary to you, JoJo!
Of course, what celebration would be complete without a handsome man around? My guy of choice? Jensen Ackles from Supernatural (he plays bad-boy demon hunter Dean—a truly awesome character). Sure, he may not have giant, bulging muscles (though I think he looks pretty darn good), but the guy has a wicked good grin, and he’s someone you could always count on in a fight. Sexy.
Since we’ve got the guy, now we need a fun treat for this party. Let’s add some chocolate. (How could we not?) I thought I’d take a few quick moments and share one of my favorite (fast) chocolate recipes with you:
(This recipe comes from one of my fave books—Cook’s Library Chocolate—my go-to-guide for all chocolate dishes):
- You’ll need the following ingredients: 1 lb 2 oz/500 g of milk chocolate (some folks might want to use bittersweet chocolate here, but I’m a milk chocolate girl), 1/3 cup sweet butter, 1 ¾ cups condensed milk, and ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Start by greasing an 8 inch cake pan.
- Break up the chocolate into pieces (or, sometimes I cheat and just use chocolate chips so no breaking is required). Put the chocolate into a big pot (or large pan) with the butter and condensed milk.
- Heat up your mix. Stir it until the mix is smooth—don’t let it boil!
- Take the pot away from the heat. Beat your vanilla extract (beat it, baby!), then mix that extract with your fudge mixture—beat everything until it is thickened.
- Now go back to that 8 inch cake pan—pour the mixture inside and make sure the top is level. Put the cake pan in the refrigerator until your fudge is firm.
- When firm, you can take the fudge out and cut it into nice, easy-to-bite pieces.
And you’ve got yourself a sweet treat.
Now that we’ve got our hot guy and our decadent dish…we just need a book to go along with this fun.
So how about I do a book giveaway? My December release, ANGEL OF DARKNESS, is the first book in my new Fallen series—a series about the Angels of Death. These guys aren’t sweet, innocent cherubs who are here to protect and nurture. Instead, they’re tough, strong, dangerous guys who can kill—quite literally—with a touch.
Here’s the ANGEL OF DARKNESS blurb for you:
As an angel of death, Keenan’s job is to collect the souls on his list. He’s carried out his duty for two thousand years and never faltered once. Until he meets Nicole St. James. When the moment of death comes, Keenan hesitates, and instead of taking Nicole, Keenan touches the vampire who’s attacking her.
Cast out of heaven for disobedience, Keenan plummets to earth. Six months later, he finally manages to track Nicole to a bar in Mexico. He’s stunned to discover that the woman he remembers has undergone a dramatic change—she’s become a vampire. And when he realizes that she’s the target of all manner of enemies—other vampires, demons, even shifters—he’ll do whatever it takes to protect her, even if all hell breaks loose…
***Want to win? Then tell me…
What do you like the most about romance novels?
We’ll let the lovely JoJo randomly pick the ARC winner.
Have a great celebration!
NEVER CRY WOLF—Available now from Kensington Brava
Be afraid of the big, bad wolf.
*** Giveaway ends Tonight 8-1 at midnight, winner named here tomorrow ***